Collage - Journal 1932...

Collage - Journal 1932...

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

"The Art of the Tea Ceremony"...in 57 seconds



A cup of tea in solitude and company...a journey into an imagenary world
Poetry in a cup...
Tea a ritual...
Tea a part of life...
A cup of wisdom...
A journey in stillness...
Stillness of heart...
A cup of memories...
A divine pleasure...

"In my own hands I hold a bowl of tea; I see all of nature represented in its green color. Closing my eyes I find green mountains and pure water within my own heart. Silently sitting alone and drinking tea, I feel these become a part of me."
 Soshitsu Sen, Grand Master XIV, Urasenke School of Tea

1 comment:

  1. 'Meanwhile, let us have a sip of tea.
    The afternoon glow is brightening the bamboos, the fountains are bubbling with delight, the soughing of the pines is heard in our kettle. Let us dream of evanescence and linger in the beautiful foolishness of things.'
    -Okakura Kakuzo-

    ReplyDelete