Collage - Journal 1932...

Collage - Journal 1932...

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Smooth - Jamaican Blue Mountain ......Coffee........

Here I am sitting in my kikoy and at the moment drinking a cup of Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee....those canvas and leather cases traveling around with me has sometimes hidden treasures of small things you forget about..found another bag of Jamaica Blue Mountain....thought I was running out of some good coffee... I use to bring back to "Under Canvas" from  my trips to South America and Jamaica which is located in the Greater Antilles and the third largest island in the Caribbean after Cuba  It is extremely rough and mountainous and it is also immensely fertile and the beauty and cool climate of the mountains  provides a stunning backdrop for the exploration of the region’s hidden secrets.....Coffee......the cool temperatures,fog and rainfall in the mountains provides the coffee to grow and mature slowly. An island in the shades of tropical greenery, fantastic cooling rivers, valleys and rough mountains and a eco-system were you find a tropical flora, rainforest, cloud forest and pine....a beautiful shoreline with precious nice white sand beaches...Jamaica, once populated by Arawak Indians.....who called it "Land of Wood and Water". There are sugar, tropical fruit and coffee plantations and of course Jamaican Rum. An do not forget the sun faded grandeur of the british colonial houses (in 1655 it became British and later a colony).....
Actually, this post is just about a another cup of coffee....
maybe the best coffee in the world, a coffee synonymous with excellence, perfection. meticulous and precise harvest and the coffee in itself -  a smooth balanced exquisite taste that is complex, rich and elegant..........
Have a great day.....

2 comments:

  1. I CANNOT believe you mentioned wearing a kikoy. I haven't heard of anyone since Africa that even knows what one is!

    <----wearing mine hither

    The coffee sounds sent from the Pleiades as well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jamaica Blue Mountain coffee is the best. I try to get my hands on a cup every day! My Soul Cafe has the best stuff, http://tinyurl.com/y85tz7v

    ReplyDelete